Paan ka patta (beetle leaf) is one of the most sort after after-meal mouth freshener in Indian cuisine.
Paan Patte ki wine
Make a perfect unique after meal dessert wine from India's famous beetle leaf.
- Balloon or airlock
- A container to ferment (tetra pack bottle is good enough)
- Straining cloth.
- 1 liter Tetra pack juice cranberry, litchi, apple and other mild juice white/straw-colored is preferred
- 2-5 leaf beetle leaf depends on taste, intensity and personal preference
- 200 gm sugar 200gm per liter
- 2 gm Fruit Wine Yeast
- ¼ piece arecanut/supari (optional) chop into fine pieces
- wash & blanch the beetle leaf
- Crush them but don’t make a chutney out of them
- add it to the fruit juice
- pour sugar & pitched the yeast
- After it starts bubbling, attach an airlock.
In three days it should stop fermenting. Strain it, chill it and serve. Surprise your guest with this new Paan after a gourmet Indian meal.