₹175 – ₹5,000
Fast fermenting high alcohol ethanol-producing yeast (17%+ ABV). Ideal for high gravity, high-temperature mash, and pot stills. All yeasts have more than 6 months of shelf life to expiry left.
Turbo yeast is ideal to make sugar-wash wine, Wine from Tetra Pack Juice or toddy It is also called distiller yeast, moonshine yeast or sugar wash yeast. Dosage 1-3gm per liter (more yeast faster action)
Turbo yeast is an active dry yeast renowned for its high alcohol and temperature tolerance. This dual function yeast is complete with the needed nutrients needed to ferment your wine.
5gm yields 5 liters of wine or toddy in 30 hours. It can produce as much as 17-20% percent alcohol and can be brewed at high temperatures (25-35 degrees Celsius) without generating esters or off-flavors. (the rotten smell, banana notes that comes with traditional bakers yeast)
Pinching temperature: Room temperature (25 degrees Celsius).
Add 1/2 a gm of yeast nutrient and 2 teaspoons of priming sugar for best result during pinching.
This yeast flocculates automatically after it is done fermenting. Hence it can prepare an alcoholic wine in 3-7 days without giving any yeasty flavors or yeast haze that are associated with young wines. However, a bit of pectinase and bentonite slurry during the start of fermentation will accelerate the process really well. This yeast is maltose negative and cannot be used for fermenting cracked corn and other starch ferments.
Possible substitutions Alcotec turbo yeast.
Bread yeast is selected to leaven (raise wheat based dough), produce a lot of CO2 in a life span of 4-6 hours and die off. Wine yeast is created in a lab and selected for its ability to produce high alcohol in adverse conditions (like no oxygen, low pH/acidic environment and high sugar concentration). Yes you can ferment ethanol with bread yeast, but to make quality wine you would need a special wine yeast.
Wine yeast will produce high ethanol (ferment dry without residual sugar or sweetness), does not produce off flavors and bring out the best color and aromas from your grapes and fruits. For more details, please refer to this tutorial
Turbo yeast is a special strain of saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast that is genetically selected for its ability for:
- Fast action. It can make 17-20 % alcohol in 3-7 days (compared to 1 month for a traditional wine making process)
- It is better suited for summers (high-temperature brewing of 20-30 degrees Celcius without producing off-flavors or hangover inducing higher fuel alcohols
- High inoculation and cleaner crisp taste. The resulting ferment will not taste bready and the yeast will die off and settle in the bottom automatically without the need of fining agents (egg, isinglass, or bentonite) to clear the wine.
- It is also preferred by distilleries because of its fact ethanol production for neutral spirits. However please check the local permits and laws needed for moonshine stills before trying to distill whiskey, vodka, rum, gin, or brandy at home.
- Use extra yeast (3gm per liter will ferment twice as fast as 1 gm per liter. With turbo yeast you can ferment 18-20% in 3 days.
- Maintain temperature between 20 to 25 degree Celsius
- Add little quantity of sugar syrup daily rather than all at once. If your recipe calls for 210 gm of sugar per liter, add 70 gm daily for 3 days rather than 210 gm on first day. This will prevent the dehydrating effect of sugar from slowing down the yeast metabolism.
- Always hydrate the yeast for 15 minutes at room temperature water (less than 30 degree Celsius temperature) so that it hits your wine running.
Please write to us in the comments section if you have additional queries.