Honey Mead Wine Kit
Build your own homemade wine making kit and pay only for the stuff that you want. 5gm yeast is suitable for about 2kg honey and yields 5 liters for mead.
We allow you to tailor-make the right kit for your recipe. Here at Arishtam Home Brew Supply Store, we don’t push products. Most expensive imported wine kits have tons of stuff that you never need or use. Also, all kits come with a homebrew guide book to help you develop your hobby.
Links to a detailed description of individual products:
- Honey Mead Yeast: 1gm per liter is recommended.
- Yeast Nutrient: 0.25 to 0.5gm per liter (honey is a slow ferment without nutrients)
- Airlock Choose between S type and 3 piece
- Hydrometer/Refractromenter: Measure alcohol and scientifically brew.
- Irish Moss: To help clear out the protein haze.
- Calcium Carbonate (acidity regulator)
- Homebrew book
- Siphon: To bottle and transfer home-brew without oxidation
- Wine Cork: Give a nice professional touch
- Mesh Filter: A sturdy nylon filter to remove the juice from the pulp.
- LCD Thermometer sticker: A nice tool to measure the fermenter jar temperature
- Wine Stabilizer: Potassium Sorbate. only needed for sweet honey mead wines
- Coker: to get the perfect seal
Refer to Mead Stylelist and Mead Evaluation Checklist
Mead_checklist (for submitting your entry for competitions)