It is ideal for large-batch all-grain brewing. We can use it for a small 1 gallon (5 liters) batch and also in microbrewery where we can screw/attach it to the mashing kettle.
Designed especially for mid-aged brewers for hobby home brewing of beer
- The glass dial is a special heavy-duty anti-fog surface coating. It prevents moisture deposits from fogging out the large dial.
- The scale is in Degree Celsius only. So, no confusion about which temperature/scale one reads.
- Long stem means that it is easy to hold over the boiling wort without the risk of steam or heat burns.
- Requires no battery implying that it can operate for years without the need for calibration or repairs.
- No LCD screen. The problem with cheaper LCD thermometers is that the crystals get damaged and the screen becomes all black making it hard to read.
- Comes with a Stainless steel nut that can be attached to your brewing kettle or distillation pots permanently.
One Gauge Thermometer; a variety of uses:
- Laboratories that do distillation also find that gauge thermometer is more accurate than digital thermometers because of their longer life in high-temperature continuous operations over 2-8 hours.
- The long stem means that you can place it as is over the grain bed to find out the temperature of the center of your wort rather than an inaccurate top surface temperature.
- Rice wine Sake brewers find that the infrared or contactless thermometers cannot identify the rice grain bed temperatures accurately. Measure the core temperature by piercing the long stem deep inside your grain.
- Mozzarella cheese in India is typically coming from boiled full-fat buffalo milk. Here we use this thermometer to calibrate the pasteurization equipment and to prevent frothing over of the large milk pots.
Most enzyme actions and biological transformations are very sensitive to temperature ranges. Hence, having an accurate thermometer is essential for consistent craft brewing.
PS: This is proudly made in India and not imported unlike the cheaper products in the market.