This awesome fermenter is perfect for:
- Home Brew Beer & Wine Making. For a complete brewing starter equipment kit please visit the link.
- Kombucha Fermentation
- Wine Making (both primary and secondary) The wide lid makes mixing the floating pulp really easy
- Sugar Wash Fermentation/Whiskey/Spirit wash fermentation
- Any other Bio-science project on a tight budget
- If you are looking for a Uni-tank for pressure fermentation, please check out our Keg
- Conical Fermenter is better suited for yeast harvesting/washing and bulk aging.
- If you are looking for a smaller size fermenter, We recommend you to get a 2.5 or 5 Liters Glass carboy. Instructions for the same are there in the video tutorial section of the website.
6 Reasons the Flat Bottom Fermenter is Superior to Glass Carboy, or Bisleri Cans
- Convenient Lid Opening Size: The opening at the top is 120mm in diameter so it’s easy to get your arm into it to clean but also small enough that it’s easy to seal the lid with minimal force.
- Super Smooth: The PET is super smooth making it easier to clean. Other HDPE fermenters have very porous walls meaning krausen sticks (floating yeast) to the walls and the holes in HDPE are large enough for bacteria to grow in the wall of the fermenter.
- Better Oxygen Barrier: Some fermenters like the Coopers type are not even airtight and have a loose-fitting lid allowing oxygen to get into the fermenter easily. Other fermenters are often made from HDPE that has high gas transmission rate meaning oxygen can pass through the wall of the fermenter
- Tap Free Design: The Fermzilla flat bottom has no tap so it’s easier to clean and less likely to get infections
- Lightweight and strong: The fermenters are lightweight but really strong and shatterproof.
- New Lid Design: The new lid design allows you to fit other accessories to the lid easily such as thermowell or glycol coil.
- Odor-free: This imported food-grade plastic from Kegland is specially designed to keep away any odor or foul smell. Alcohol is a powerful solvent and can leach smells and toxins from cheap plastic, milk or water containers.
- 30 L (7.9 gal) Total Volume
- Temperature Rated to 122°F
- Height – 18.5″ 47cm
- Height with Airlock – 22.5″ (57cm)
- Tank Diameter – 13.75″ or 35cm
- Lid Ports – 28 mm PCO 1881 threads (ideal for taking out samples)
Directions to use:
- The lid comes in 2 parts: The Disc and the Ring/Rim.
- Attach the Airlock in the Center hole of the Disc. (as shown in the picture). The airlock + water weight creates a seal intact. You can press the jar a bit to check if the airlock is bubbling or not.
- There are 2 baby screw caps (lid ports) on the Disc also. Keep them screw tight. After Fermentation they can be used with a siphon to transfer the liquid out without oxidation.
- Once you place the disc, screw in the ring/rim on top of the transparent fermenter to secure it.
- Press the fermenter slightly. If you see the airlock going up, then it is airtight and you are ready to ferment.
- Take care and not scratch the inner surfaces of your carboy fermenter while cleaning.
Please note that due to their size, they can only be sent via Courier and not via speed post.