Sake Brewing Kit (Rice Wine, Rice Beer)
From ₹802 --
Use this with polished sticky rice. Low fat (polished rice) with soft water is ideal for rice saki/koji or Chinese fermented rice beverages.
Sake a.k.a. Rice wine is a traditional Japanese, Korean, and Chinese beverage made from polished rice. We can consume it both in filtered or unfiltered form depending on the style. We can also use this kit to make the Rice Beer styles prevalent in the North East.
The kit consists of:
- Koji: Aspergillus culture (very similar to Chinese yeast balls but this one is lab-created)
- Calcium Carbonate: To regulate the acidity
- Home Brewing Guide Book Learn about various fermentation styles from all over the world
- BrewBag: This is a filter mesh cloth that serves two purposes. Firstly it keeps the rice submerged and prevents spoilage due to floating. Secondly, it makes the job of filtration much easy. Hence it is easier to transfer to secondary and age the sake.
- Airlock: This is required for secondary fermentation/aging of your rice beer only. Many traditional recipes of milky white rice alcohol don’t require it.
Here is a comprehensive guide to Japanese and Korean sake (rice wine) culture. We can use it to make rice beer and tongba (millet beer) as well. Sake is unique. It doesn’t require any fruit in its making even though we call it wine.
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’rice-yeast-ball’ ]
If you still have a question, write in the comments section and we will get back to you.