Probiotic mushroom SCOBY Mother is ideal to brew a healthy Kombucha tea. Just boil some green/black tea leaves in water and sugar. After it cools to room temperature, add it with SCOBY in a sterile container. After a week you will get this lovely slightly sour, slightly sweet kombucha tea with a mild effervescence.
Scoby means the Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast. Not only it is probiotic but also very good for those trying to overcome alcohol withdrawal symptoms. This can also be used to make Japanese Jun Tea by using green tea instead of black tea. I use it to restore my gut flora biome and improve digestion.
Ratios: 6% sugar and 0.4% tea leaves (60gm sugar and 4gm green tea leaves per liter).
The pack contains a slimy jelly-like SCOBY and about 200ml of Mother liquid which is ideal for 1 liter of starter batch.
Ingredients: Water, Probiotic Culture, Green Tea and cane sugar
How to make kombucha at home
- Boil 1 Liter of water + 60gm of sugar
- Once it has boiled. Turn off the flame. Add 4-5gm of Tea leaves (or 1-2 tea bags)
- Cool it to room temperature. Transfer to a wide mouth glass jar (honey/pickle jar are ideal)
- Empty this packet of Kombucha SCOBY + Mother and cover it with a cloth handkerchief.
- After 4-7 days serve kombucha and add some more tea solution to make your next batch (step 1-3)