The fermentation glass carboy comes with Five unique features that make it ideal for home brewers.
- Tapering body: Easy to Grip: This Matka/Ghadha-like tapering body makes it easy to lift and carry. As compared to the cylindrical bottle/jar design they don’t slip when lifted with wet slippery hands.
- Wide Mouth: Helps to clean the jar between batches. One of the biggest problems with traditional glass carboys and bisleri jugs was cleaning and this design eliminates the problem.
- They are made of glass. So unlike the glazed pottery, you can witness the bubbling and changes due to fermentation in real-time without having to open the lid. (if you want to prevent UV sunlight spoilage just cover with an old T-Shirt/carton)
- Airlock Design: The lid of the traditional fermenters is loose which causes oxidation. The lid of these fermentation glass carboys rests on a build-in channel. When you fill it with water, it creates a perfect barrier to prevent oxygen from outside to convert your ethanol alcohol to vinegar (acetic acid). Makes it ideal for all styles of anaerobic fermentation esp wine, beer, probiotics, kimchi and pickles.
- Reinforced glass base for durable long life.
- The gallon used here is Imperial/British Gallon and not the smaller American Gallon.
- This glass item is shipped by courier to metro cities only. Any non-metro shipments will be canceled or at the purchaser’s own risk.
- Also if you can do a store pickup, we offer a 10% discount.