Ball Lock Corny Keg: Home Brew Fermenter
₹4,550 – ₹5,200
Kegs are used for fermentation, dispensing, storing of home brew beer. It is an essential part of Keezer and pico-brewery
It comes in two variants:
- 5 Gallons (25-inch height, 8.5inch inner diameter) a.k.a. 19 Liters
- 2.5 Gallons (14.25-inch height, 8.5-inch inner diameter) a.k.a. 9.5 Liters
One Keg Multiple Avatars:
- For fermentation, you can attach an airlock/blow-off tube to the gas outlet.
- To make lagers: you can place them in a chest freezer, wine cooler or refrigerator and attach a temperature controller.
- For carbonation (beer or sparkling cider/wine): you can attach carbonation stones to PRV.
- One 5 gallon keg = 60-pint glass bottles. Saves you the hassle of cleaning, filling, and capping.
- For dispensing: you can attach it to your party tap, jockey box, or Keezer.
Premium new ball lock keg rated to 100-130psi working pressure (tested for 195psi pressure) and are made using a robotic orbital welding machine and super smooth welding marks making them easier to clean.
These Corny Beer kegs are also passivated and pickled giving them a matte finish, to ensure superior rust protection (SS304 steel used). Far superior than any second hand or economy kegs on the market.
Black rubber handles and base allows easier transportation and fewer scuffs on the floor.
Corny Keg Contains:
- Gas and liquid ball lock posts for easy attachment to your kegerators/keezer.
- PRV (pressure release valve) Lid for easy cleaning. It is wide enough that you can manually open and clean the base of the keg.
- Separate gas and liquid dip tubes. (unlike growlers and A-type commercial kegs) separate tubes make it easy to attach and maintain.
- Dual rubber handles make them stackable and helps in easy storage.
- Being thin and long, it is easier to do temperature control and make lagers or low-temperature brews.
Benefits as Fermenters:
- With an ability to withstand 120 PSI pressure, these kegs are ideal for pressure fermenting.
- Its tall boy design increases the surface area making the fermentation temperature uniform.
- Unlike Glass Carboy, they don’t shatter and make a mess.
- Unlike Glass Demijohns they have a wide neck that makes them easy to clean, replace, and repair.
4 Different Types of kegs:
- Commercial brewery kegs short fat kegs with A-type attachments
- Growler that is relatively difficult to clean (narrow mouth)
- Pin lock kegs also called Soda Syrup Cans which are locally made.
- Ball-lock kegs with 4 openings (gas, liquid, PRV Valve, PRV lid for filling/cleaning) – which Arishtam Sells
Please don’t use strong acids and chlorine bleach to clean the kegs. This damage the rubber and tight fittings needed to pressurize the cylinder.
Stainless steel fermenter kegs can be dispatched via Indian speed post only.
We do stock ball lock connects, replacement posts, and gaskets. However, you can get CO2, regulators, etc locally from the soda stream/fountain lemonade vendors.
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’corny-keg’ ]
If you still have a question, write in the comments section and we will get back to you.