Simple recipes to transform a 40% strong white spirit into a drink of your choice. Adding spices and infusing the right flavors is the key to make the right
37 home made spicy liquor recipes
- Glass bottle with stopper
- 15 gm liquor spices
- 50-70 gm sugar depends on recipe
- Take a bottle of white rum, vodka or any transparent neutral spirit with clear falvors
- Pour it in a Glass bottle with stopper. Add the spices based on the recipe you are seeking.
Select the spices combination as per your taste
- Cognac Take 15gm (total) of Oak chips, cloves, nutmeg, coriander, vanillin, tea, raisins.
- Erofeich with mint: Take 10gm mixture (total) of Melissa, peppermint, St. John's wort, oregano, hawthorn, sweet clover, yarrow, wormwood, cardamom, anise .
- Graf Razumovsky: Take 10gm mixture (total) of Linden flowers, juniper berry, anise, mint.
- Ricard pastis: Take a 17gm mixture of Fennel, Cumin and star anise
- Vermouth-Bianco: Take 15gm mixture (total) of Elderberry, cardamom, cinnamon, juniper, nutmeg, peppermint, chamomile, yarrow. in 1 bottle of fortified dry white wine.
- Italian sambuca: Take 12 gm mixture of Anise seed, fennel, star anise, dried ginger root, cinnamon, black elderberry flowers.
- Mulled wine: Take 15gm mixture (total) of Orange peel, cardamom, cloves, ginger, raisins, cinnamon, orange peel, dried apples.. in 1 bottle of fortified red wine. Add sugar to taste. You can simmer it over low flame to create spicy wine in 15 minutes or you can allow it to age with spices.
- Chamomile Vodka: Take 20gm mixture of Kalgan, St. John's wort, peppermint, chamomile, wormwood, anise.
- Kupecheskaya: Take a 20gm mixture of Anise, orange peel, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon.
- Rose Vigor: Take a 15gm mixture of Rosehip fruit, hawthorn fruit, sage, dill, coriander.
- Ginseng root Liquor: Ginseng is known for its medical properties and unique flavors.
- Taiga Herbal Gin: Take 20gm mixture of Kalgan, anise, dill, sage, juniper, chamomile.
- Herbal Rum: Take a 12 gm mixture of Kalgan root, chamomile, sage, dill, anise, cloves.
- caribbean dark rum: Take a 16gm minxture of Oak chips, apple leaves, pine nuts, chicory, sweet clover, St. John's wort, sage, yarrow, bison, cardamom, clover.
- Spicy Whiskey: Take a 20 gm mixture of Orange peel, cardamom, chili pepper, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cinnamon.
- Becherovka Gin: Take a 22gm mixture of Anise, oak chips, galangal, cardamom, cinnamon, lemon balm, lemon peel, orange peel, St. John's wort, coriander, wormwood, fennel, juniper, black pepper, allspice. Mix it with 110gm of sugar or honey syrup
- Aquavita Norwegian: Take 12gm mixture (total) of Lemon peel, orange peel, anise, fennel, cumin, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. with 50gm of sugar
- Chilli Pepper Pertsovka: Take a 10gm mixture of Chili pepper, cinnamon, oregano, sweet clover. Add 60gm of sugar chashini /honey syrup
- Orange Twist Vodka: Take a 12gm mixture of Lemon peel, orange peel, anise, fennel, ginger, clove, cinnamon.
- Classic Gin: Take 13gm mixture of Juniper, star anise, cloves, coriander, black pepper, allspice, licorice, ginger, lemon peel, hyssop.
- Kizil Cornel: Take about 12gm of Cornel berries. Cornel gives home drinks a bright ruby color, they look very bright and spectacular on a festive table. Also, add some Juniper berries, cherries and raisin as per taste.
- Herbal Vodka: Take 10gm of St. John's wort.
- Absinthe: Anise, peppermint, lemon balm, fennel, licorice root, hyssop, coriander, wormwood.Remember Absinthe taste best when it is served at 70% v/v alcohol level with a cube of sugar in the shot. Also adding some food color increases its appeal. Check the floroscent colors if you want to serve glowing Absinthe (have some UV black light in the restaurant)
- Kalgan: Take 45gm of Kalgan along with some prunes, cloves, cardamom, anise, raisins
- Hawthorn: Take about 10gm of dried fruit
- Take about 20gm of Red rowan berries, barberry, oak chips, dry apple, cinnamon.
- Rodina-currant Brandy: Take 18gm mixture of Currant fruit, lemon zest, cherry fruit, hibiscus, cinnamon. Add about 50gm of honey or sweetener
- Kummel classic: Take 12gm of Caraway, lemon peel, anise, violet root, dill, orange peel.
- drunken cherry vodka: Add a 15gm mixture of spices (Dried cherries, dextrose, lemon zest, currants, hibiscus tea, cinnamon.) with 70gm of honey or sugar syrup
- Hrenovukha: Take 15gm of Horseradish root, lemon zest, ginger root, black peppercorns.
- Zubrovka: Take 12 gm of Zubrovka herb, thyme, linden blossom, coriander, oak chips, prunes. add 50-70gm of honey or sweetener.
- Anisovaya tincture: Take 10gm of Anise, star anise, dill, caraway seeds, coriander.
- Ginger-Lemon Vodka: Take about 17gm of Chopped ginger root, lemon peel.
- Brown Starka: Take 10gm mixture of Oak chips, arabica beans, lemon zest, vanillin, nutmeg.Add sugar to taste
- Smoked Pear schnapps: Take 25gm of Smoked pear, raisins, currants. Add about 100-150gm of honey or sweetener
- Amber Brown Cognac: Take about 20gm of Oak chips, rose hips, cardamom, sweet peas.
- Golden Root: Take about 15gm of Rhodiola rosea.
Giving Finishing Touches
- Mix sugar and spices with spirit and allow it to sit in a cool dark place for 3 weeks. Allow the alcohol to leach out flavors and colors and improve the taste.
- After 3 weeks, strain out the spices. Filter the liquor and allow it to stand in a bottle for a week. This will make it clear and hence more appealing.
- Celebrate with your friends. In shot glasses, with ice or in cocktails.
Buy Related Products
The recipes mentioned here are intended to infuse artisanal craft liquor flavors in commercial tax-paid liquor bottles. Please note that home distillation/moonshine is illegal in India. Alcoholic vapors next to fire (heat source) is a potential explosion hazard. Hence even authorized laboratories need to maintain due caution before operating a still or distillation column.