An Airlock is essential for preventing oxidation during fermentation and aging of your home brews. Today We talk about the correct method to use one.
How to use Airlock
Description of S Type and 3 Piece Airlock. How to attach a Grommet and silicone cork to it
Yield: 1 airlock
- 3 piece airlock
- S type Airlock
- 1 piece Rubber Grommet
- 1 Piece Silicone Plug
S Type Airlock
- Pour 15ml water in S Type Airlock
- Attach it to a grommet or cork and put it in the fermenter
3 Piece Airlock
- Make sure that the 3 pieces are correctly aligned
Attaching to the Fermenter
- Use a grommet, cork or a sealant to attach your airlock to your fermenter
- Do a pressure test. Press the lid gently and see if the airlock bubbles. If it does then seals are airtight. Else one needs to fix the leakage.
Airlocks are a handy tool to prevent oxidation of your home brews. Always keep a spare one handy. If you are using S type airlock, make sure you top up the water level frequently.